Happy Friday and welcome to your second (and maybe last?) daily rundown of what’s new on Netflix this week. We’ll cover the six new movies and shows that just arrived on the service. Here are your new Netflix releases and what’s trending in the Netflix top 10.
Did you miss any of this week’s earlier releases? We covered all 10 new movies and shows on Wednesday, which was led by the release of Operation Minced Meat† As always, you can find the full list of new releases on Netflix here.
Two titles are slated to hit Netflix this weekend. Borrego comes tomorrow in the service and the fourth season of PJ Masks arrives on Sunday.
Best new movies and shows on Netflix for May 13, 2022
Lincoln’s lawyer (Season 1)
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Form: Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Neve Campbell, Becki Newton, Angus Sampson, Jazz Raycole, Christopher Gorham
Author: Ted Humphrey, David E. Kelley
Duration: 49 minutes
We’ve seen the phrase “blue sky shows” talked about a lot over the past week and Lincoln’s lawyer definitely fits that picture.
The new series is an adaptation of Michael Connelly’s novel, in which a high-profile lawyer does his job in his classic Lincoln.
Of course we have seen Lincoln’s lawyer previously adapted in the form of the 2013 Lionsgate movie, but this all-new twist has a lot going for it.
Last year (2022)
Genre: comedy drama
Director: Alex Hardcastle
Form: Rebel Wilson, Justin Hartley, Alicia Silverstone
Author: Brandon Scott Jones, Andrew Knauer, Arthur Pielli
Duration: 111 minutes
Acquired from Paramount Pictures, this new film is spearheaded by Rebel Wilson and is technically her first major Netflix Original project (if you Isn’t it romantic? operated by Netflix in certain regions).
Reviews weren’t particularly strong for the new Rebel Wilson movie (the 2am embargo this morning was a strong indication that it would) currently holding a 40 on Metacritic and 5.3/10. It does have a pretty decent soundtrack though.
New heights (Season 1)
Form: Benito Bause, Roeland Wiesnekker, Rachel Braunschweig
Author: Marianne Wendt
Duration: 47 minutes
awards: 2 wins
Finally, we round out our top picks today with a new Swiss series called New heights on Netflix, but Neumatt in its home region.
Created by Marianne Wendt, here’s what you can expect from the Swiss-German production on which Netflix is distributed exclusively:
“When business consultant Michi Wyss inherits his late father’s troubled farm, he must confront his rural past and the future of his family.”
It first aired on SRF in Switzerland last year and received positive reviews from critics. It has a 7.4 on IMDb.
Full list of new releases on Netflix for May 13, 2022
2 new movies added today
- Bigger than Africa (2018) – TV-PG – English – This documentary follows the transatlantic slave trade route from West Africa to the US, Brazil and the Caribbean in an exploration of Yoruba culture.
- Senior Year (2022) Netflix Original – R – Dutch – A failed cheerleading stunt left her in a coma for 20 years. Now she’s 37, just woke up and ready to fulfill her high school dream: to become a balcony girl.
4 new TV series added today
- Bling Empire (Season 2) Netflix Original – TV-MA – Dutch – Follow LA’s hugely wealthy Asian and Asian-American pleasure seekers as they go all out with great parties, glamor and drama in this reality show.
- New Heights (Season 1) Netflix Original – TV-MA – Swiss German – When business consultant Michi Wyss inherits his late father’s troubled farm, he must confront his rural past and the future of his family.
- The Life and Movies of Er?an Kuneri (Season 1) Netflix Original – TV-MA – Turkish – A renowned figure in erotic cinema re-examines his own legacy and decides to branch out and make films in other genres, from sci-fi to medieval action.
- The Lincoln Lawyer (Season 1) Netflix Original – TV-MA – English – Sidelined after an accident, hotshot Los Angeles attorney Mickey Haller restarts his career – and his trademark Lincoln – when he takes on a murder case.
Netflix Top 10s for May 13, 2022
Looking at the top 10, it turns out that: Ozark continues to dominate the TV series list with new shows like foreigner and working moms fail to top it – can Lincoln’s lawyer can you top it this week? We’ll have to wait.
On the film side, the documentary film Our father keeps holding back the new WW2 movie Operation Minced Meat†
Top 10 Movies on Netflix USA
- The circle
- working moms
- Welcome to Eden
- Grace and Frankie
- Sell sunset
- wild beauty
Top 10 TV Shows on Netflix USA
- Our father
- Operation Minced Meat
- thieves hideout
- US marshals
- Happy Gilmore
- Forgot Sarah Marshall
- Forrest Gump
- the collection
Top 10 children’s titles on Netflix US
- Wild Babies
- Kung Fu Panda 3
- Pretty strange parents!
- The cat in the hat
- corpse bride
- The Creature Cases
- Shrek forever after
- Octonauts: above and beyond
What are you watching on Netflix this weekend? Let us know in the comments below.
#Whats #Netflix #Top #10s #13th